posted ago by Josemarti ago by Josemarti +7 / -0

The left will always use this line when arguing for government. Well their insistence on the roads is why we are where we are today. What would gas be if not for their insistence on roads? Would we need roads if our society wasn't built with roads in mind? The left has put us in this mess with their love roads and what good has it done for us? We shouldn't adore the roads. We should ponder for a second if them both demanding we need government for roads and raising the price of gas are more than coincidence.

Comments (2)
sorted by:
defiant_liberty 2 points ago +2 / -0

As if the free market couldn't figure out how to slap down some asphalt and some pavement, without the state. In fact, many of the first freeways were private. Besides, the roads are under 4% of government spending, where did the other 96% go?

Josemarti [S] 2 points ago +2 / -0

You're correct. I was just trying to witty about how expensive gas is, government is causing it to get more expressive, yet we need government to build roads but it's too expensive to do so.